*Another oldie from the archives here, with a very few minor edits for relevance:
Welcome to my new feature, Pet Peeve Friday. I hope you’ll find at least one or two peeves in today’s list and in future entries in coming weeks to be entertaining, enlightening, or at least not too egregious. I know it will be a great opportunity for me to get some things off my chest. And you people out there with body piercings, that’s a hint.
Joe’s Pet Peeves:
- I always mix up the Kardashians of reality TV with the Cardassians of Star Trek.
- Trying to figure out where that weak battery “chirp” is coming from.
- Three words: drinking straw wrappers
- The “Enter” and “Exit” doors at Wal-Mart always seem to be on the wrong side.
- How dog hair clings the most tenaciously to fabrics upon which it is the most visible.
- The stupid way that the media sometimes shorten or cutesify celebritys’ names or combine celebrity couples’ names into one (read: J.Lo, J.Law, ScarJo, Brangelina).
- Just about any rapper’s assumed name.
- How the word “rectify” seems like it should have a different meaning.
That’s all I have for today. I purposely didn’t cheat by looking up other lists. I’m sure you can tell. It was extremely important to me that this be truly genuine and real. I’ll keep it that way in the future, too. So now, help me out, here. What are some of your pet peeves? Share them in the comments, and cheat if you want. I’ll never know.